I am single. I make the best of it. It doesnt mean I am not good enough. It means no one is good enough for me...Yet :)
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Valentines Day
Happy Valentines Day!!
As most everyone that has ever met me knows that I love Valentines Day! Mostly because it is in the same month as my birthday and there are a million hearts all over the place! I love Love and February is full of it!
So this year, as we all know, I am single. And for the first time... genuinely happy about it. I look around me and see so many dysfunctional relationships and I have no worries with men. None what-so-ever! Its actually an awesome feeling. Of course I would love to have a wonderful man who took me out for a romantic dinner and sent flowers to my office but the truth is...with all of that comes all of the drama and work of keeping a relationship working and happy. We would all love it if being in a relationship was easy but its not. And if BOTH people don't work at it, it will fall apart. And I am not ready to be un-selfish right now and focus on someone other than myself. I'm just not. And I think its a good thing. I am doing things that I wouldn't be able to do if I were in a relationship or had kids. Someday it would be nice to have those things and I will be grateful when they appear. But for now, I am living up being single. No more online dating. Yuck! It doesn't work for me. I will find someone the old fashioned way...however that is :) I want to focus my efforts not on finding a boyfriend/husband, but new friends. You can never have too many friends and you never know...maybe my future husband (if he exists) is friends with one of my future new friends. But even if he isn't, I have gained a new friend and that is the goal here. I already have awesome friends in multiple life stages, so why not make some more.
So to start my journey on finding new friends, I have started a part time job at a pet store! I love animals so where else would I find people who already have that in common? I went to the interview and I was confident that they would hire me on the spot and they did! I should be starting this Saturday. I cant wait to see what kind of people I meet and all the cute animals I will get to take care of!
So my new outlook on life is basically this...
I used to hope and dream that I would find a man, get married, have babies and live happily ever after. The problem with this dream is that it requires someone else (the man) to make it come true. This could happen for me but what if it doesn't? Then the dreams I have had all my life are shattered because of some guy that I haven't met and may never meet. So I had to get a new dream. Now I plan to better my own life and career by going to school. I have already started this with my Medical Coding classes. By doing this, I am making sure that I have the best chance at always having a job and supporting myself. I just turned 28 years old. And for once, saying my age wasn't painful. Because now I am waiting for the age of 30 as a good thing, not as the end of my life. Because at 30, I will start the process of either fostering children or adopting one. With this plan, the only thing I have to rely on is myself. So if my Prince Charming doesn't come along in 2 years, I will still have my family. Lets face it, the only reason I really needed a man in the first place is for a paycheck and his sperm. And now, I can get both of those on my own in a different way. I am really excited about this plan. Almost to the point that I would rather NOT find a guy to mess it up! But of course, if I fall madly in love with someone, I wont push them away so I can adopt/foster. I will just go to the next plan which is get married and have kids. Really, I win either way. So with this new way of thinking...I had no sad feelings on Valentines Day because I was with good friends and had wonderful hopes for the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment